Current Openings: Director of Operations
Knix Wear seeks a Director of Operations to join our team.
Knix Wear is looking for an experienced leader and strategic thinker to be a key part of our executive team that is changing the intimate apparel industry for the better. This is a newly created position as part of our 2016 growth plan. The role requires a careful balance of analytical and business skills to drive performance at Knix Wear.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will focus on operational efficiency and developing a performance orientated culture. Overseeing the day-to-day operational management of the business, the Director of Operations will seek out solutions for where we are today, as well as help ensure our success tomorrow as we continue to experience rapid growth.
We look for teammates that are ambitious, filled with ideas, honest, down to earth, and excited to be a part of the Knix Wear journey as we build Canada’s next big brand.
Performance Management and Operational Efficiency:
- Lead demand planning and procurement to ensure adequate product position to meet growth targets
- Analyze business performance data to support management decision-making.
- Oversee the management of day-to-day operational functions, including 3rd party partners
- Work closely with the CEO to identify and resolve operational issues and constraints ensuring business success and growth
- Develop new strategies and opportunities to increase efficiencies and revenue
- Drive business process improvement and provide ongoing operational analysis
- Develop integrated weekly reporting on both financial and operating metrics
Financial Management & Analysis:
- Oversee cash position and project future cash requirements
- Principle liaison for bank related business
- Working with the CEO, aide in the development of the strategic, operational and financial plans for Knix Wear and prepare annual budget
- Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial performance
- Review and update quarterly financial forecasts.
- Ensure accurate and timely information/communication of information to CEO for investment community
- Maintain working knowledge of legal and tax requirements for Knix Wear
- Manage billing, collections, payroll, benefits, and third party service providers
- Manage the day-to-day needs of our growing team, ensuring team members have clear achievable goals, adequate resources and are held accountable.
- Help the CEO in the in recruitment and on boarding of new hires going forward as well as identifying gaps in the organization
- 7+ years post-undergrad work experience in finance, management consulting accounting, operations and / or quantitative analysis role
- MBA or CPA, but will also consider CFA ex-investment bankers with accounting experience and/or venture capital or private equity experience
- Top academic and on the job performer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven mastery of Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of corporate (non-professional services) experience
- Experience in an e-commerce, apparel and/or physical products company
- Someone who is comfortable, confident, and effective in leadership and external stakeholder meetings
- Complete discretion with sensitive information, both within the company and externally
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through
- Dedication to working within a start-up environment; strong willingness to affect change with an understanding of challenges encountered
- Self-awareness and ability to identify own strengths and weaknesses
- Solid operational skills including, problem solving, project management skills, and the ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation
- Ability to thrive when there is ambiguity, remain cool-headed when there are curve balls, and withstand the tests of a rapidly changing environment with resilience and resolve
- Curious – always questioning, always probing, and never blindly accepting
- A sense of humor (really)
Think you fit with knix? Please send cover letter and CV to Joanna Griffiths at email@example.com with the subject line “JOBS: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS”
About Knix Wear:
Knix Wear is on a mission to change the way that women think about intimates. By combining luxuriously comfortable performance fabrics, state of the art technology and figure flattering fits, we are giving active women everywhere an underwear upgrade. We are the most-funded fashion project in the history of crowdfunding and our products are sold in over 500 retail locations in ten countries. Our products have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Daily Mail, Globe and Mail, Forbes, Fast Company, Entrepreneur Magazine and hundreds of other media outlets.